It is an honor indeed, to have AARP Medicare Plans from United Healthcare recognize me as a level 2, “Authorized to Offer” agent. Every “A2O” agent is required to meet rigorous criteria to become “Authorized to Offer” status. Even though I pride myself on being a professional to all my clients and the insurance companies that I represent, it is this particular company who recognizes that professionalism. In order to qualify for this I had to meet certain standards and ethics. Some of these include:
- Demonstrated competency and experience requirements
- Commitment to community service
- Required agent training on product, ethics and needs analysis, as well as regulatory training requirements
- State licensure
- Annual disciplinary history and background check review, including third-party credit and criminal checks
- Requalify every year
- Sign a code of Ethics
- Protect consumers through required Errors and Omissions insurance
- Not engage in door-to-door marketing or cold calling
- Meet with you in the place of your choice
- Place you with the best product for you. I am commission “neutral” meaning I don’t push you to a product that pays me the most.
- Give you a clear explanation of who you are doing business with
- Clarify all consumer disclosures and provide you with the limitations and exclusions of product
It is important to you because an “Authorized to Offer” agent:
- Can provide you with personalized service and can assist in finding solutions to fit your needs.
- Can address the complexity of many of the insurance and financial products AARP members may need in order to have protection and a sense of security.
- Can meet with you in-person to address your specific questions and concerns and can lead to a more thorough understanding of how the solution addresses your unique needs.
You can expect me to be a trusted professional and practice four core principles:
- Approach every interaction with integrity
- Put client needs first, even if it means recommending a product not branded by AARP
- Be an expert and stay informed
- Display a commitment to the community.
For further information, please refer to the official Introducing “Authorized to Offer” Local Agents brochure (You will need Adobe Reader installed on your computer to view this document. Adobe Reader is available for free here.)